The CSS & SVG Power Combo workshop
Workshop by Sara Soueidan
The workshop with the strongest punch of creativity among all of Sara's workshops, the CSS+SVG Power Combo is where you ( / your team) will learn about the latest, cutting-edge CSS and SVG techniques to create creative crisp and beautiful interfaces, including:
- Creating and implementing SVG icon systems and styling them with CSS Variables.
- Cropping and scaling images using CSS, as well as using SVG. (Special focus on the SVG
preserveAspectRatioattributes and understanding how they work is included.)
- Styling and manipulating images and applying creative effects to images using CSS and SVG filters and blend modes.
- Creating non-rectangular layouts and components using clipping and masking in CSS and SVG.
- Taking user interactions to the next level by leveraging the flexibility and possibilities of SVG shapes in conjunction with CSS animations.
We will also be looking at all and any existing browser inconsistencies as well as performance considerations to keep in mind. And there will be lots of exercises (it's called a workshop for a reason, right?) and practical examples that can be taken and directly applied in real life projects.
Sara may be updating her own workshop description slightly, so check it out as well.
Sara is a Lebanese freelance front-end web developer working with companies across the globe, building clean, responsive front-ends for Web sites and applications focused on accessibility, progressive enhancement and performance. She also runs workshops on front-end development and writes technical articles on her blog and for various big publications. Sara wrote the Codrops CSS Reference, co-authored the Smashing Book 5, and has been voted the Developer of the Year in the 2015 net awards.
|Brecht De Ruyte||Marlon||@brechtDR||BE|
|Catriona MacKenzie||Bouvet Norge||@catrionamac||NO|
|Erik Danielsson||24HR Malmö||@exrik||SE|
|Fabian Liehret||arsmedium zwei||DE|
|Loris Rigoni||SNDS Socialandsearch||CH|
|Martin Lennart Lenngren||ComeOn||SE|
|Matteo Magni||YOOX Net-a-Porter Group||IT|
|Oscar Lillheden||24HR Malmö||@_Orran||SE|
|Peter Goes||De Voorhoede||@petergoes||NL|
|Sharon Irish||The List||@digital_list||UK|
|Simona-Isabela Nastasa||Diconium Digital solutions||@isabelanastasa||DE|
|Vladan Tacic||ITSP Services||AT|